Historic Glen Forest Cemetery is located in the Village of Yellow Springs. The main entrance to the cemetery is 4445 US Rt. 68 N. The south entrance is on Cemetery Street, and the west entrance is on Fairfield Pike.
Rules and Regulations
Historic Glen Forest Cemetery is still an active cemetery and we ask our visitors to be respectful and follow these rules while visiting. Regulations have been put into place to ensure that the Cemetery grounds and atmosphere are conducive to peaceful reflection and respect for the families and friends who visit their loved ones. Your cooperation is appreciated.
- Exit the grounds no later than the scheduled closing time.
- Pets of any kind are prohibited on the property at any time. However, service dogs are permitted when providing support/service to one in need.
- Visitors are all allowed to drive on paved roads ONLY at a speed limit of no greater than 20 MPH.
- Bicycles, scooters, rollerblading, skateboards are strictly prohibited.
- Do not drive or park on the grass. You may park along roads in the cemetery, be sure to pull your vehicle far to the right side of the road while keeping all four tires on the pavement.
- Do not park in front of an open internment site, unless you are part of the funeral procession.
- Avoid disturbing a graveside service and family members that are visiting their loved ones. Show respect for the deceased and for their surviving families and loved ones.
- Do not touch memorials or artifacts, they are privately owned outdoor sculptures. Gravestones are fragile. Please do not climb or sit on them. Gravestone rubbing is prohibited.
- Always step to the side of the road as a funeral procession passes you.
- Do not intrude on funeral services and yield to funeral processions.
- If a road is blocked to vehicle traffic, do not walk through or around the barrier. The area is blocked to prevent potentially hazardous situations involving tree limbs removal, road work, etc.
- We respectfully ask that you use modesty regarding wardrobe, clothing without offensive language or graphics. Wear a shirt, pants, and shoes at all times.
- Wearing headphones and using a mobile device will reduce your awareness of what is happening around you. Keep the volume at a level where you can still hear approaching vehicles.
- Turn down your radio so that the sound cannot be heard outside the vehicle.
- Do not litter. This creates extra work for our grounds crews and shows disrespect to the families who come to mourn their loved ones.
- Please do not disturb trees, shrubs, and plantings, or pick flowers or foliage. It is unlawful to pick flowers or remove plants & shrubs.
- Fresh flower placements at burial sites ONLY April thru October, complimentary flower vases are available at the Customer Service Center.
- Balloons are not permitted.
- Tree climbing is strictly prohibited.
- A special permit must be obtained for all filmmaking, commercial photography, or photography with special equipment or posed subjects.
- To protect our monuments and keep pests away, we cannot allow food on the Cemetery grounds. However, there are many excellent restaurants, diners, bakeries, and grocery stores close by.
- We advise that you secure all valuable items in your car and out of plain sight. Lock your vehicle.
Failure to comply will result in being asked to leave the grounds. Glen Forest Cemetery and reserves the right to ask anyone to leave the premises at its discretion.